Monday 17 October 2011

Tangmere at Basingstoke


As this blog is called "Railways, real and model" I thought it was time I added something about the real thing.
I got this shot of Tangmere at Basingstoke, it was dark and guess who forgot a tripod.
The shot was taken hand held on the highest ISO my camera had and I used a fixed focus 50mm lens, the reason I used it is because fixed focus lenses have a bigger aperture than zooms enabling more light to enter mine drops to f1.8 but there are some out there what goes lower.
Earlier in the day I visited Didcot, there was nothing running but the loco shed was being turned into a film set, all the locos were moved and there was a lot of good photo opportunities with the locos which rarely see the light of day


To see more of my photos of the day have a look at my Flickr site
http://www.flickr.com/photos/chris_adams/

No comments:

Post a Comment