Tuesday 11 October 2011

Brush / Beyer Peacock 0-4-0 DE D2999

While my last project is still being completed, the Stanier 8F I decided to restart another project a Brush 0-4-0 DE

I built this a number of years back but as I lived in a flat I didn't really have anywhere to paint locos so I ended up in a box.
The body is built from plastic card with fittings I found in the spares box, the steps are from a Dapol 04 kit and the springs are from a wagon with the axle boxes cut off



The chassis is scratchbuilt, this is the first time I have built one and it didnt seem too hard.
The main frames are from copper clad board, I used this as its easier to drill than brass and its as strong. There is also the added bonus that it has the insulating properties so its a lot easier to mount pickups


My next dilemma is what colour to paint it, will it be green and carry the number D2999 like the sole BR version or will it be red and yellow the same as the batch used by the Steel Company of Wales

No comments:

Post a Comment