Monday 12 September 2011

The first project

The first project I am starting is something I started 10 years ago which is a Stanier 8f.

When I started this project Hornby's 8F was still tender drive and still had the steam roller wheels and  I wanted something a bit better.
When Comet introduced the replacement chassis for the 8F they also introduced a detailing kit which included a new etched cab, tender and other bits n pieces.
As I had a spare Mainline tender from an old Jubilee I opted for the fowler version which is intended to go with a 4F, unfortunately the body of which I cannot find :-(
So what work do i have to do, well the first thing is the cab decided to detach during its time in storage but thats a small thing the biggest headache is going to be the chassis.
There is a slight twist in the main frames which i dont know if it has been dropped or built in to it when I bodged it together and the valve gear is appalling so that will have to be stripped down cleaned up and reassembled .
So all I can say is watch this space and hopefully I will end up with a reasonable model

No comments:

Post a Comment